Boningale Ltd group is a producer and supplier of Hardy Nursery Stock to the amenity landscape, retail, and green roof sectors.
Boningale Ltd group operates a number of trading divisions, and this policy covers the activities of Boningale Nurseries, Worfield Plants and Viridis.
Boningale Ltd group is committed to operating and working in a manner that promotes good plant health as far as it is reasonable and practicable to do so, by ensuring that relevant plant health regulations are known and understood, ensuring that staff are trained and able to carry out the duties required of them by the company’s Plant Health Management System and that the Company’s suppliers are selected with due consideration to plant health.
Boningale Ltd group is committed to continual improvement of its Plant Health Management System.
Boningale Ltd group will endeavour to comply with the Plant Healthy – Plant Health Management System standard.
It is the responsibility of the Managing Director to implement this policy, liaising with all Directors, Plant Health management team and departmental managers who within their areas of responsibility give full support to the Directors.
The Directors and Managers will ensure that they and their staff are made aware of Plant Health issues that might be affected and influenced by company activities.
This will be achieved by:
- Maintaining a Plant Health Management System following the Plant Healthy Management Standard.
- Full co-operation from all Directors and employees.
- Promotion of Plant Health awareness amongst all employees and provision of sufficient levels of training to allow them to meet their Plant Health responsibilities.
- Regular review of relevant regulations and Plant Health bulletins and other requirements to ensure compliance.
- Recording Plant Health actions and issues.
- Conducting regular reviews of performance against the Plant Health Management System and being proactive in our approach to future improvements.
- Producing crops responsibly following current Codes of Practice, regulations, assessing risks to Plant Health and taking into consideration the risk associated with plants and suppliers used.
- Promoting and encouraging good plant health in planting schemes through specialist advice and growing a wide range of plant species not thought vulnerable to pest and disease.
- To reduce plant health risk by continually aiming to minimise plant miles and the use of non UK plant sources.
- The policy will be maintained and reviewed on an annual basis.
Boningale will make this policy available to all staff, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the general public.
Jeremy King – Managing Director
Penny Fryer – Production Director
Phil Newman – Viridis Director