Plant Health Policy
Boningale Limited is a producer and supplier of Hardy Nursery Stock to the amenity landscape and retail sectors, a supplier of domestic landscaping services, and a supplier of plants and substrates to the green roofing industry.
Boningale is committed to operating and working in a manner that promotes good plant health as far as it is reasonable and practicable to do so, by ensuring that relevant plant health regulations are known and understood, ensuring that staff are trained and able to carry out the duties required of them by the Company’s Plant Health Management System and that the Company’s suppliers are selected with due consideration to plant health. Boningale is committed to continual improvement of its Plant Health Management System. Boningale will endeavour to comply with its Plant Health Management System standards, governmental regulations, and customer requirements now and in the future.
It is the responsibility of the Managing Director to implement this policy, liaising with all Directors, Plant Health Representatives and Departmental Managers who within their areas of responsibility give full support to the Directors. The Directors and Managers will ensure that they and their staff are made aware of Plant Health issues that might be affected and influenced by company activities.
This will be achieved by:
- Maintaining a Plant Health Management System.
- Full co-operation from all Directors and employees.
- Promotion of Plant Health awareness amongst all employees and provision of sufficient levels of training to allow them to meet their Plant Health responsibilities.
- Regular review of relevant regulations and Plant Health bulletins and other requirements to ensure compliance.
- Meeting and, where reasonably practicable, exceeding the requirements of all applicable Plant Health regulations.
- Recording Plant Health actions and issues.
- Conducting regular reviews of performance against the Plant Health Management System and being proactive in our approach to future improvements.
- Setting Plant Health targets, objectives and performance indicators.
- Producing crops responsibly following current Codes of Practice, regulations, assessing risks to Plant Health and taking into consideration the risk associated with plants and suppliers used.
- Promoting and encouraging good plant health in planting schemes through specialist advice and growing a wide range of plant species not thought vulnerable to pest and disease.
- The policy will be maintained and checked on an annual basis to keep it up to date. Boningale will make this policy available to all staff, customers, suppliers, contractors and the general public.